Savvy Search Our Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

Apologies for my Extended Absence

Thank you so much for all your kind email messages. I apologize for my unexplained neglect of the blog. After a lengthy conversation with Shelley yesterday (It was two hours and I used up all my nap-time me-time, but it was totally worth it.) I have decided that it’s time for me to return from my unofficial leave of absence. Thank you Shelley for filling my size 9 ½ shoes (Although, borrowing each other’s shoes is not exactly new to us.), holding down the fort, and responding to email messages.

I often tell my children that you never really know what is going on in other people’s homes. That is why you should never judge others. Seriously, how many times have you been totally shocked when the “perfect” neighborhood family is split apart because of cheating and financially monkey business? I must be the world’s worst judge of character because I NEVER see that stuff coming.

Anyway, there is no cheating or financial monkey business going on here (At least none that I know of and please don’t tell me if you do. Denial works much better than Zoloft.) However, we have been going through some major life changes. We are in the final stages of adopting our 4th child. It has been several months of endless, sleepless nights, court dates, room decorating, new sibling rivalry, and life. Even Wonder Woman can’t hold it together all the time—although, she always looks good trying.

Over the last few months I hosted two children’s birthday parties, a 4th of July picnic, and a back to school party-- photos and details to follow. I totally stole Shelley’s Toy Story party--games, cake, alien cupcakes for school, etc.. She even shipped me the decorations. It was the easiest party I have ever thrown. Thanks for all the ideas!

I am knee-deep into Fall Festival and Advent Workshop. Stay tuned for details. I am sure that Shelley will be updating us soon on her recent life changes. Spoiler Alert: Ethiopia (that is all I am going to say and no, that is not where our new child is from).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...